Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Knock, Knock. Special Delivery!

Guess what?! Baby B is here! He decided to say hello to the world a month early. It's been a week and a half now since I have been able to get on here. Little update:

I was obsessed with reading into the symptoms of preterm/fullterm labor the week that the OB announced that I was 3cm dialated. "Your water can break anytime, soon." The look on mine and J's face? Total shock. I was tremendously freaking out in my mind because our son might not come the day that we are to expect him! The nursery wasn't even remotely done! It still isn't! We just got our crib the other day! Oh my goodness.

 It's been quite the ride this past week and a half. There's defintitely some adjustments to my home life now. It really hasn't struck me yet that I am a mother, but it will. We are actually lucky to have a little one who can sleep through literally any noise possible. The dogs have a tendency to bark  towards any living thing outside of the window. It's annoying, but once I yell at them, they stop. Even my yells don't wake Baby B up. Whoah! He is so chill.

So now that I have a baby in the house, it's making my life more  interesting. I have yet to emotionally break down when it comes to him. The only time that I have been so overwhelmed was just coming home from the hospital and having to deal with the pain. Throughout the four days that I have stayed in the hospital, nurses were constantly coming in and out to give meds and checking up on me, but once I got home, I was on my own. I detest taking medication. I could not move, I could not eat, and definitely couldn't sneeze, cough, or laugh because it would hurt so bad.

Baby B is fantastic! Daddy is so caring and loving towards him which makes me one happy mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment