Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Procrastinating Momma-to-be.

This, to be honest, is probably the tenth or so blog that I have started. I have the habbit of starting one, running it for about a month or so, and some major event happens in my life that I don't have time to keep going.And so I like to delete... a lot.

The funny thing is, I am going through a major event right now. I am 36 weeks pregnant with my first child and oh my goodness am I terrified (The actual birthing process)!! Many women look forward to their pregnancy, but I felt the opposite in the beginning. However, now I've accepted it to the fullest. I'm very excited to meet baby who will be coming anytime soon. Literally!
My lovey and I have been working on the nursery for almost 3 weeks now, but it is nowhere near done. He works full-time with very long hours and I'm home all the time having to deal with two dogs, one constantly needing attention and my health not being up to par. I have been sickly throughout this 9 month journey. Thanks, baby, thanks. The Texas heat doesn't help at all as well. I'm constantly running the AC, which I feel bad now because our power bill is high! Oops! So now, I'm constantly wearing a bandeu and underwear with a fan blowing in my direction for comfortability. I'm actually not complaining about it being hot anymore. Yeah!

Everyone knows that babies are super expensive. When I looked at nursery rooms from pinterest in the past, I would think to myself, "Gosh, this is so beautiful, but I bet this is expensive." It is. No doubt. Lovey and I went around town to search for good, used furniture so we can tackle on some DIY projects. We window shopped first so we can compare prices and whatnot. We found a dresser for $45 and a rocker for $20. Score! The only brand new furniture that we will be purchasing is a crib which we don't mind paying the extra dollars for since it's all about safety for baby, right? Until the nursery is done, I will definitely post some pictures up.

My next thing on the to do list is to pack my hospital bag. If my sister were here, she would get onto me for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment