Friday, August 16, 2013

Botanical Garden, mid-day equals no bueno.

Why on Earth does it have to be so hot down here? It's practically still summer while in other regions, many are pulling out their scarves and sweaters or relaxing by their windows, reading a book and drinking tea/coffee. I'm not one to sweat easily [which I hear is not a normal thing to do], but this heat is intense to the degree that I have been!

Mother wanted to see the botanical garden, which was not far from the house. J and I haven't gone yet as well and so I thought it was a good idea to check it out. I did invite him by the way, but I suppose flowers weren't his thing today. As we were getting ready to pay, the little old lady at the checkout center asked how old I was because she assumed that I was a student. I suppose I shocked her with my age. Do I really look THAT young?! I get it a lot....

The trip was rather short for Baby and I. Looking at the map that the little old lady had given to us, it was pretty big, but entirely way too hot for Baby B since there weren't enough trees to provide shade. Boo! We'll have to go during late fall or winter with daddy if the weather permits. We sat under this huge pavillion for quite some time. Mom went out and walked through the gardens while I sat and practically stared at the baby. {haha} Creepy? Although hot and I didn't really get to see anything, the Botanical Center is pretty. If any of you decided to come to Corpus and can withstand the heat, check out the Botanical Garden and Nature Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment