Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Crockpot Rib Recipe



I’m thinking this rib rack has been freezing for quite sometime now and needs to be cooked & plus my cousin has done it in the past and has suggested it because it was fairly simple to make. I’ve searched online to find basic recipes and decided to tweek it to my own personal liking. Don’t worry, no major tweeking was involved because I’m afraid to mess it up. Lately I’ve made soups with my crockpot because my mother forced me to. Although delicious and simple, they weren’t picture worthy. Ha! It has definitely saved me a lot of time since I have Baby B waking more and more and my current addiction is sewing.

I don’t have a name yet, but
I name this my “First Take” rib recipe.

Ingredients:
A rack of ribs [ I cut mine in thirds]
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Salt and pepper
A can of coke
Half of an onion
Sweet Baby Rays barbeque sauce

Directions:
Sprinkle each third on both sides with salt & pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Dice the onion.
Place the thirds on top of each other.
Place diced onions in between the layers & on top.
Pour In your coke.
Set your temp. on HIGH for 3 ½ - 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.


Oops, I forgot my onion.



^^^SCORE! You don't get this everyday! We were lucky!^^^



I would say that it was a hit in this household. J REALLY liked it and so I could see myself making more of this in the future! I accompanied the ribs with panfried zucchinni & yellow squash tossed in olive oil, salt, & pepper and mashed potatoes with bacon bits (not the fake kind. I wouldn't dare do that to myself. Ha!)topped with cheese. We were recently introduced to Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce, that stuff was AMAZING! It was on sale too!

Let me know if you try this recipe and how it has turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment