Monday, August 12, 2013

Perseid Meteor Shower.

It's almost noon. Here I am, finishing up a beef jerky stick accompanied by cheese & drinking Starbucks Refreshers, strawberry lemonade flavor. Interesting combo. I wonder if women have weird post-pregnancy cravings because these two, I wouldn't dare pair together. I'm awake yet still asleep, so I needed a pick-me-up and I'm definitely waking up because I'm still questioning whether I like these flavors being put together. My taste buds are probably confused.

After J came home from his shift last night, he asked if I wanted to go out to the island and watch the meteor shower. He mentioned it a couple of nights ago, but I had forgotten. I was about to put Baby B to sleep so he could come with us. I had asked my mother if she wanted to join, but she was tired and was afraid that he would get sick. So it was an evening for just the both of us. My mom is so awesome and so nice to let J and I hang out.

As we were heading towards the beach area, J decided to take the route where it had loose sand. I told him that I was getting nervous and he just kept going. He then said I was getting him nervous, but proceeded to keep driving. AND we got stuck!! What were we going to do?! We tried getting out ourselves, but our tires were digging deeper into the sand. We paused for a moment. Turned on the flashers, hoping someone would stop and help us out. Thank the stars that a group of people came to our rescue. I definitely had a "tourist" moment. These beachies know what they're doing with their big ol' honkin' trucks! Maybe WE need a truck! {haha}

I felt like being in the movie "Stardust" {one of my favorite movies}, where Tristan and Victoria set out in the countryside, sipping on wine and watching the star falling, except J didn't ask for my hand in marriage and capturing that shooting star for me to win my love. It was really romantic. Just two people who care for each other, laying beneath the stars, watching them fall, hearing the crashing of the waves, and enjoying each other's company with little or no words. { "ooh! did you see that?!" were said multiple times though.} We got to see many shooting/falling stars last night. I was hoping to see a fireball or something huge, but it didn't happen, but it was a beautiful and amazing experience. Although J works so hard all the time, he still manages to take the time to do things and it makes me happy.

I love the outdoors. Last night was perfect, difficult at first, but we laughed and smiled it off. It's the only thing you can do. It's definitely one of those nights to remember and so gentlemen, take your woman out to see the stars {if she's not high maintenance}. Make sure you keep up with Meteor Shower dates so you'll know in advance when to expect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment