Thursday, August 22, 2013

Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Pasta



I was searching online and through books around the house to see what I could make for J's day off. Since mom has left to go back home, I have to count on myself to make food for both J and I. I've only had a couple of ingredients to get to make this recipe and so yesterday, as soon as the sun went down and cooler, Baby B and I strolled through the neighborhood to the local grocery store. It's not far at all [Which I would love to do more often]!!

When I read the recipe, it was an amazing amount of food for just the two of us and so I decided to start cooking it last night since J did get to come home early. Usually he feels "snacky" once his shift is over. "Snacky" to my defintion is a whole entire meal for that guy. Ha! It was quite the struggle at first. There's normally a routine once he comes home with the pups. They hear his engine through the driveway, they bark loudly and once he greets them, their tails wag vigorously and jump on him like as if he's been gone forever, letting them out into the backyard while chilling and catching up on news through his phone. I had the chance to get some things cut up since Baby was sleeping, so I assumed... My little man likes to fight sleep and is starting to like being carried. With baby being carried, dogs licking the living snot out of him, and me trying to get dinner started; I literally wanted to pull my hairs out. Thank goodness J came in to help!

The outcome of the dish was amazing! I'm typically not a pasta gal, but my taste buds really enjoyed this dish. J liked it too! I figured he would. I just hope I can find more recipes such as this that we both can enjoy. I tend to be the more picky one since J eats literally everything. I did well!

No comments:

Post a Comment